Inland Empire, San Gabriel Valley, Pasadena & Los Angeles Area
Responsible for non-medical, in-home support services which provide for the comfort, safety, and general supervision of clients as well as home management services. Provide companionship to those individuals requiring; socialization and/or minimum guidance to assure a safe, protected, clean and orderly environment.
- Provides general attention to client’s non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care.
- Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promotes the client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provides emotional support and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
- May prepare and serve meals as directed. Ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen cleaned after each meal.
- Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompanies client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
- Client’s home and automobile (client's vehicle or personal vehicle).
- Contact with blood or other body fluids (May pose a risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.)
Position Physical Demands:
- The work requires light physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving, assisting client in activities, and light housekeeping.
- Regularly required to stand, sit, walk, talk and hear. Occasionally required to reach and lift.
- Minimum of ninth grade education; high school diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate satisfactory completion of any stated or mandated training.
- Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Credit History, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must have reliable transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality.
- Applicant must have a valid California driver’s license and current, valid automobile insurance.
- Satisfactory completion of Comfort Keepers training and orientation program is a must.
- Must accept responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures.
- Must be able to function in a home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
- Ability to document services provided and follow verbal & written instructions is mandatory.
- Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty and integrity.